Your facial hair for charity!
Big bushy beards, groomed moustaches, goatees, exciting hair/beard/sideburns combos – Beards of Manchester is a project that grows with the size of your beard. We need 12 magnificent beards for the Beards of Manchester 2011 calendar, which will be sold at various outlets in Manchester. If you think your beard deserves its own calendar page, snap a picture and send it to us. We will upload all photos to the beard gallery and invite the best beards to photo shoots for the calendar and exhibition.
- Please try to send only jpg files, with a maximum file size 1MB!
- MAKE IT FANCY! Beards – good. Groomed, curled, handle-bared, waxed and styled beards – awesome! We like them extravagant.
- In order to participate, you must be over 18, full-time beardy and live in or spend the majority of your time in the Greater Manchester area.
- As long as the beard is real and belongs to a human, all submissions are welcome – regardless of the gender.
- You should be available for a few hours in late September / early October for a photoshoot with Manchester-based photographer Gill Moore.
- So please – keep the beard until then!
The project is completely not-for-profit, with all profits from calendar sales going to the Lifeshare charity in Manchester.