Beards of Manchester is a calendar featuring the city and some of its hairiest inhabitants.
Beards of Manchester was looking for 12 magnificent beards for the 2011 calendar, which is now available at various outlets in Manchester (for details see here). We asked Mancunians to snap a picture and submit it to our beard gallery. By late September 2010, the Beards of Manchester had received a stunning 209 beard photos. The “beard team” (Chris Horkan and Samantha Bail) picked their favourite beards and invited them (and their owners) to a photo shoot with Manchester-based photographer Gill Moore.
The calendar was launched on Thursday 21 October with an exhibition at Common on Edge Street. All profits of the calendar sales go to the Lifeshare charity, which supports homeless people in Manchester and Salford. The exhibition will be on at Common bar until early December 2010.
Press contact & other enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Download the press release as PDF here.
Tweet tweet: @beardsofmcr
Facebook: Beards of Manchester
- Rainy City Tales: Stroky Beard
- Mancubist: Which are the best beards of Manchester?
- Ancoats Tweeps: Ancoats – home of the beard?
- We were on Heather Stott’s show on BBC Radio Manchester on Wednesday 15 September!
- CreativeTourist.com: ‘Where else would you get a charity calendar featuring the city and some of its hairiest inhabitants?’
- BBC Manchester: Manchester’s best beards come together for charity
- Manchester Evening News: Website celebrates Manchester’s best beards
- Visit Manchester Blog: Celebrating Manchester’s finest beards for charity
- Manchester Confidential: ‘A very hairy exhibition’
- The Guardian: The Northerner (half way down)
- The Big Issue North published a short news piece about Beards of Manchester
- We got a nice mention on Marc Riley’s BBC 6music show on Wednesday 22 September!
- Manchester Fashion Network: Hairy Inhabitants
- Kate Feld gave us a mention on The Manchizzle
- The calendar was also mentioned on the Indie Quarter blog
- “The hairiest two weeks of my life” – blog post by Sam (one half of Beards of Manchester) on mightaswell
- You can listen again to our second visit to Heather Stott’s show on BBC Radio Manchester on Tuesday 2nd November
- More coverage by the Manchester Evening News